How do I find...?
- Alphabet books in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Wordless books (stories without words) in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Realistic fiction books in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Historical fiction books in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Fantasy books in Owens Library & Horace Mann Library
- Poetry books in Owens Library & Horace Mann Library
- Traditional books in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Biographies in Owens Library | Horace Mann Library
- Informational/Non-fiction books | Horace Mann Library
- Multicultural books in Owens Library & Horace Mann Library
- Children's Choice books
- Teacher's Choices
Each year over 12,500 school children from all over the United States read newly published children’s and young adults’ trade books and vote for the ones they like best. These Children’s Choices, selected from more than 500 titles, can be counted on as books children really enjoy reading” (“Children’s Choices 2010”).
"Since 1989, the Teachers’ Choices project has developed an annual annotated reading list of new books that will encourage young people to read. These are books that kids will enjoy—and that contribute to learning across the curriculum" (“Teachers Choices").
- Young Adults' Choices
Since 1987, the Young Adults’ Choices project has developed an annual list of new books that will encourage adolescents to read. The books are selected by the readers themselves, so they are bound to be popular with middle and secondary school students (“YA Choices").
- Books for literature circles
- Literature lesson plans:
- Random House Teachers Guides & More
- HarperCollins Teaching Resources
- HarperCollins Book Activities
- Scholastic Book Discussion Guides
- Scholastic Booktalks
- Scholastic Lesson Plans
- Literature Lesson Plans & Classroom Activities
- Houghton Mifflin Reading
- Houghton Mifflin Topic/Theme Activities
- Houghton Mifflin Monthly Themes
- National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature—art activities
- Web English Teacher Children's Literature | Book Reports
- Education World Reading Fun
- Storytime plans, ideas, samples, kits, etc.
- Books we don't have
- Articles we don't have
- Help with research
- Info about the library
- Map of the library
- Off-Campus Access