Is the Journal Peer-Reviewed?
Not sure if your article is peer-reviewed? Check Ulrichsweb (limited to 5 users at a time), following these steps:
- Enter the name of the journal (NOT the title of the article)
- In the results list, locate the journal name that matches your publication.
- If the publication is peer-reviewed (refereed,) then this symbol appears to the left of the journal name.
Citing Sources in Scientific Style (CSE)
This page was created to help you understand how to cite sources in Scientific Style and Format (CSE).
- Library's Citing Sources in Scientific Style and Format (CSE)
- For more examples, ask at the 1st floor Library Services Desk for this hardcopy manual: Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers, 2014.
- Help with Citing
Biological Science Databases
The National Library of Medicine provides indexing and abstracting of periodical literature
Click to view morein medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care system, and preclinical sciences. Over 5,400 US biomedical journals and 80 journals from foreign countries are indexed in this database.
Hide this content.
ScienceDirect Health & Life Sciences College Edition
ScienceDirect Health & Life Sciences includes over 340,000 full-text articles from 900 journals.
JSTOR Biological Sciences Archive Collection
"The Biological Sciences Collection brings together the 29 journals
Click to view moreavailable in our existing Ecology & Botany Collection with more than 472 titles that span the sciences. The collection is particularly strong in ecology and evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation."
Hide this content.
Coverage Dates: unknown - unknown
- Click the "Full-Text @ Owens Library" link if it appears on the right column of the search results.
Set your Scholar Preference "Northwest Missouri State University - Full-Text @ Owens Library."
- Click the Scholar SETTINGS link
- Click the LIBRARY links tab
- Type Northwest Missouri State University in the text box, and click the SEARCH button.
Ask a Librarian
Get to know the librarians! You can email, phone, or ask for them at the front Library Services Desk.